Choosing a cake:
When ordering your cake you need to consider the following questions:
- What is the event and is your design appropriate?
- What period or theme have you chosen?
- What colour have you chosen for the occasion?
- What flowers have you chosen and are they in season or does it not matter.?
- If you require pieces how many do you need?
- If you are having a layered cake do all the layers have to be real cake or will polystrene cakes do?
- Do you want ribbon on the cake?
- Who is going to set-up the cake?
- What type of cake do you want(click)?
- What type of icing do you want?
- Traditional Royal Icing (hard white icing) with Marzipan
- Traditional Royal Icing without marzipan
- Traditional Butter Icing
- Cream Cheese Icing
- The shape of the cake.
Number of layers and how to place them
- single layer in a shape
- 2 layers staggered
- 3 layers above each other
- 3 layers staggered
- Do you want a traditional cake with piping and motifs?
- Do you want the parties theme to be represented by the cake?
- Do you want chocolate work?
- Do you want bought or handmade ornaments on the cake (i.e bride and groom, baby)
How Many layers